Work/Life balance. Let’s just say that this is “In Progress”. My job has been pretty busy lately and on top of that, I have a work trip next week as well as 10 billion chores and errands on my To-Do list. I would like to point out that I must really love my job because I was scheduled to have a girls’ dinner date at Murray’s Cheese Bar next week. I cancelled on my friends so that I would be fresh and awake for my flight early the next morning. Let it be known that as soon as I return to the NYC-area, I’m heading over to Murray’s. One can never have enough cheese.
So anyhow, what am I doing right now? I’m currently sitting on the couch at midnight on a “school night” trying to talk to you about this Thai Chicken Curry Ramen.
I’m really obsessed with this dish. I’m not usually one to repeat recipes quickly, simply because I have so many dishes that I want to make. However, I’ve already made this twice in about a week and a half, which is something for me! I’ve made this both in the Instant Pot (it’s super quick!) and also on the stove.* Either method works fine, but in case you don’t have an Instant Pot then don’t worry…because you can still do this! This dish is so forgiving and you will be a star because you will have dinner on the table in no time.
*If you decide to make this on the stove, add the chicken stock, coconut milk, tahini, red curry paste, garlic, ginger, chicken breast, and mushrooms to a large pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breast. Continue with the remaining steps.
Instant Pot Thai Chicken Curry Ramen
makes 2-4 servings
2 1/2 cups no sodium chicken broth
15 ounce can coconut milk
2 tablespoons sesame paste, tahini, or nut butter of choice
1-2 tablespoons red curry paste, depending on spice level desired
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch piece of ginger or 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
1 large chicken breast
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 blocks ramen noodles, packets discarded
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 handfuls spinach
fish sauce or salt, to taste
lime and cilantro to finish, optional
1) In the Instant Pot insert, add in the chicken stock, coconut milk, tahini, red curry garlic, ginger, chicken breast, and the mushrooms. Close the lid and cook on High pressure for 4 minutes.
2) In the meantime, bring a medium pot of noodles to a boil. Add the ramen noodles to the boiling water and cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until the noodles are still slightly firm. Drain the noodles and divide between bowls.
3) Once the Instant Pot is done, use the quick release to de-pressurize. Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred into bite-sized pieces. Place the chicken into the bowls.
4) Add the red pepper slices and the spinach into the soup. Stir well until they are incorporated. Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings if necessary by adding in fish sauce/salt, or more curry paste. Divide the soup between the bowls as well.
5) Finish the soup with fresh squeezes of lime and cilantro, if desired. Serve hot.
—recipe very slightly adapted from I Am A Food Blog