My dance friends and I have been threatening to get together for a while and watch old dance videos of ourselves from 10 years ago. Some of these videos may have been on VHS back then. Crazy!
Of course we would need to have snacks to munch on in between our video-watching and our spastic recreations of our smoking hot dance moves of yesteryear. I found a recipe that was so simple I just couldn't leave it alone. I didn't even have to change the recipe at all. It was already everything I could ever want in a one-bite dessert: salty, sweet, crunchy.
Although I was already making a batch of bad ass cookies (more on those in a future blog post), I still had to add these to the mix.
Mini Pretzel Turtles
recipe from Jane Deere's Mini Pretzel Turtles
- 1 bag mini pretzels
- 1 bag Rolo candies
- 1 bag pecan halves
1) Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2) Line a baking sheet with foil and spread the pretzels over the baking sheet in a single layer.
3) Place a single Rolo on top of each pretzel.
4) Bake in the oven for 4 minutes.
5) Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Immediately press a pecan half into the Rolo.
6) Let cool before eating. You can pop the tray into the fridge or freezer to help this process along. (Make sure to let the turtles come to room temperature before serving, otherwise the caramel will be hard.)