Remember when I said I had something "egg-y" for you? Nope. I didn't forget about it. I just wanted to show you a good taco pasta time before cinco de mayo. Cause you never know when taco pasta needs to happen. Most likely it needs to happen sometime around a Mexican-themed holiday which is not really a Mexican holiday. Think about it.
So now that I have your attention, let's talk about a breakfast/lunch/dinner sandwich situation that I think you should get into. I'm usually not one to eat many eggs if they're not in a cookie or a cake. I have been known to enjoy an omelet but usually only if someone else makes it for me. If I have to make breakfast, then we're probably looking at a mug of coffee and maybe an avocado toast if I'm feeling fancy.
The other day, I figured I'd go out on a limb and try to expand my egg repertoire. You have one of those too, right? An egg repertoire. I mean, who doesn't? Let's expand together. I present to you, an egg salad sandwich. Oh, and make sure to throw some avocado on there for good measure. All the cool kids are doing it nowadays.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- dash of lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- sliced avocado
- butter croissant
1) In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, yogurt, relish, onion, mustard, and lemon juice.
2) Add in the salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
3) Slice the croissant in half and heap the egg salad on top of one half of the croissant.
4) Top the egg salad with the sliced avocado, then sprinkle the avocado with salt.
5) Close the sandwich and enjoy!
Since I'm not a lover of mayonnaise, the substitution of Greek yogurt is perfect for me. Also, it amps up the protein of this snack...along with the eggs and the avocado business.
This sandwich, paired with a cup of coffee, turned out to be a perfect afternoon lunch for me. If you are normal, you may want a little side dish to go along with it. May I recommend a crisp green salad? I'm just trying to undo the calories associated with that butter croissant, ya know. Those calories were excellent delicious though, and I need to wholeheartedly recommend that you also make this on a croissant. You will thank me.