Well. For a second there, this was going to be an embarrassing blog post.
You see, I rarely make anything involving croissants. It's a shame, I know. But I got down to photographing this tasty bacon and egg breakfast sandwich for you...and wouldn't you know it that these pictures looked remarkably similar to the pictures in my last croissant sandwich blog post. Hmmmm...interesting. What to do? I ask this because in between me taking photographs and reviewing them, I happened to inhale this sandwich. Whoops.
I started scrolling back through the photos I had taken right after the sandwich was made. Thankfully, I found pictures of the sandwich styled a few different ways. Finally. My photo OCD has saved the day!
I have heard that some food bloggers take between 40 and 50 photos per blog post. I don't know how they show such restraint. I must take at least 75 photos each time. It's a process, but I love finding those few photos that make me want to eat that dish again and again.
Anyhow, since I think this whole event is sort of hilarious (in a "I've been awake since an ungodly hour and I've only had one pumpkin coffee" kind of way), I still decided to put the "photo faux-pas" in this post down below!
Bacon & Egg Grilled Breakfast Sandwich
makes 1 sandwich
- 1 croissant, sliced in half
- 1 slice Gouda cheese
- 1 egg, scrambled with salt and pepper
- 2 bacon slices, cooked
- sriracha or hot sauce, optional
1) Place the bottom half of the croissant in a small pan.
2) Layer on the cheese. You may need to break it up so that it fits well.
3) Top with the scrambled egg.
4) Add the bacon.
5) Close the sandwich. Turn the stove onto medium-low heat and allow the sandwich to grill. Tip: Cover the pan with a lid to keep the heat in and help melt the cheese faster.
6) Wait several minutes, then flip the sandwich over to grill the other side. Once done, plate the sandwich and serve warm.
I don't really have to tell you how special a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich is, do I? I hope not, because that would concern me. Put it on a croissant and now you've gone and done did it.
I am presently loving sriracha, so after the grilling was over, I squirted that puppy onto this sandwich as well. You can never have enough! Please exercise your right to an amazing breakfast sometime in the near future and just make this. Treat yourself!
By the way, here are the offending pictures. Oh yes, there are two! If you don't think the first picture looks like the one in my Egg Salad Sandwich post, I may point you in the general direction of the second pic.