Hi friends! Before anyone says anything, yes, I know this is Thanksgiving week, but no...
No, I do not have a turkey dish for you.
No, I do not have Thanksgiving sides for you.
No, I do not have anything related to pumpkin for you.
But what I do happen to have is some sausage and peppers. Eat it. It's good for you.
I mean....I don't even know what to tell you about this. I've been developing a love of sweet peppers over the past few months. Working in Philadelphia all the time is wearing me down! I've always loved sausage, so when I saw this recipe, I was all over it. Wait, I get to use my crockpot too? I'm done.
So um, by the way, I popped some avocado on top of this because I maybe forgot to throw in the cheese. WHAT?!?!? Maybe Philly hasn't gotten their hooks in me just yet. I threw this sausage and pepper mix on top of some egg noodles, but I wouldn't be mad if you chose to toast some buns and get your sandwich on.
Crockpot Sausage and Peppers
from Pass The Sushi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bulk ground sweet sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 15-ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- sliced provolone or mozzarella
- rolls or noodles for serving, optional
1) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2) Brown the sausage and ground beef, breaking into bite sized portions as it cooks. Transfer to a large slow cooker.
3) Stir in the roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, and peppers into the slow cooker with the sausage mixture. Cook on low for 5-7 hours.
4) Serve with cheese, over noodles or on a roll.