You may not know exactly how long I've been waiting to make this dish. I think this recipe (not this exact one, but something similar) was one of my first "pins" on Pinterest, and I've been on that site for yearsssss. So there's that.
As you already know, I love my crockpot. You can find evidence of this by heading over to that neat little "Recipe Index" link at the top of this post. What you may not know is that I also have some deep love and affection for balsamic vinegar. I travel almost every week for work and I keep a full-size bottle of balsamic vinegar with my travel items because I have an unrealistic fear of running out. True story.
Now that I've thoroughly convinced you of my strangeness, please let me present this balsamic beef recipe to you. It's simply amazing. As always, I put my ingredients into the crockpot late at night and then I am warmly greeted by a finished meal by 9 o'clock the next morning. Tip: I usually turn the crockpot to the Warm setting for a few hours until I'm ready to eat lunch. But let's face it, "lunch" usually happens at 10:30am since I've been sniffing this dish for the last hour and a half and I only have so much willpower!
Crockpot Balsamic Shredded Beef
from Shugary Sweets
- 4-5lb beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
1) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the beef broth, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
2) Add the chuck roast to the bottom of the crockpot.
3) Pour the sauce over the roast. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
4) Shred the roast using two forks. (You can remove the roast from the crockpot to do this or you can leave the roast in the crockpot while shredding it.)
5) Serve warm.