Have you ever heard of a class called BodyART? Whoooo-M-G. It's kicking my boot-ay. I don't do a lot of cardio workouts anymore, so when I'm done with that class, I'm drenched in sweat and ready to come home, sit on my couch, blast BSB's All I Have To Give because I realized the other day that I still know every word of that song, and tuck into some pasta.
Even though drinking beer is probably frowned upon after one of these classes (and to be honest I don't even have the desire to do that) we all know that I love to incorporate alcohol into different dishes. This may be a new website, but some things will never change. The Beeroness, has been my ally when I need some help in this area. She's got pretty much every area covered, so when I was craving pasta, I relied on her expertise. Also, I must be the only person who hasn't yet tried avocado pasta since finding it on Pinterest eons ago! Now this must change!
Avocado Wit Beer Alfredo
very slightly adapted from The Beeroness
makes 4 servings
- 4 servings of pasta (~1 pound)
- 1/2 lb avocado (1 large or 2 small avocados)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons wit beer
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 large tomato, diced
1) Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
2) In a food processor, add the avocado, cream, parmesan, pepper, salt and beer. Process until very smooth.
3) Add the sauce to the pasta in the pot. Return the pot to the heat.
4) Stir the mixture until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
5) Plate the pasta, then top with arugula and tomatoes before serving.