Asparagus is having a great time on this blog right now.
I mean....I even had to put a picture of asparagus in the Spring header because it is so dang pretty and green. Let's not forget that for the longest time, this was the most green action we saw here in northern NJ. Gotta take it where we can get it.
In light of these spring conditions descending upon us, we need to make sure we have some quick and tasty recipes to chow down upon before we head outdoors to enjoy this new and wonderful world that no longer includes snow and sub-zero temperatures.
I would also like to add that you should not be fooled by the number of steps in this recipe. It really is so simple and easy. In no time, you'll find yourself lounging in the sun and having the best spring evahhhh.
Chicken & Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
slightly adapted from Skinnytaste
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed & cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper, to taste
1) Lightly season the chicken with salt.
2) In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth and soy sauce.
3) In another small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and mix well.
4) Heat a large non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
6) Turn up the heat to High. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken. Saute until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
7) Add the soy sauce mixture to the pan. Bring to a boil, then cook for 1 - 1/2 minutes.
8) Add the lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Stir well.
9) Once it simmers, return the chicken and asparagus to the pan and mix everything together.
10) Remove from heat and serve hot.