My apartment has been super hot lately, but it's all my fault. I've been using my oven constantly for the past few weeks. I just can't stop. Why didn't I have this great desire to bake every food item during the cold, brutal winter? Now that it's getting to be summertime I've decided that it's perfect weather to hotbox my apartment. Fabulous.
No matter how much I dislike sitting in a steamy, warm apartment, getting to indulge in this amazingly cheesy garlic monkey bread helped to make up for that. I can't tell you how much I love carbs. I really try to tone down this part of my diet, but man, is it TOUGH!
Now I know that monkey breads are typically sweet treats, but let's not underestimate how delicious a savory version can be as well. Melted butter and melted cheese? Yes, thank you! I'll take both.
I also can't get over eating things with my hands. That makes this a perfect snack (also known as "dinner") for me.
Cheesy Garlic Monkey Bread
from Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a bundt pan with butter and/or non-stick spray.
2) Open the tube of biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4-6 pieces.
3) Melt the butter. Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
4) Toss the biscuit dough in with the melted butter mixture, making sure all the dough is covered.
5) Place a layer of the biscuits on the bottom of the bundt pan.
6) Sprinkle a layer of the shredded cheese on top.
7) Repeat Steps 5-6 until no more dough or cheese remain.
8) Bake for 14-16 minutes until puffed up and golden brown.