Did I distract you already? I might have distracted myself. So much so that I possibly accidentally deleted Microsoft Office on my computer. Mmmmm. It's back now but it took me a few days to restore, for various reasons...Let's just move on from that disaster.
As you (should) know, I went to the Bacon & Beer Classic in NYC about a week ago. From this experience, I came away craving even more bacon. Seriously? Apparently there's no stopping my monster cravings.
For a few weeks earlier this summer, I was in a phase where I made bacon brie avocado sandwiches to bring to work for lunch. I eventually stopped doing this because it required me to wake up even earlier that the ungodly hour that I was already getting up.
However, last weekend, while sitting on my couch and thinking about bacon, I realized I still had the ingredients to make this sandwich. Since I had also not posted about this sandwich before (There shall be no photo shoot staging before 7am. That's a rule. At least in my apartment.), I also took advantage of this opportunity to showcase this baby on the blog!
Bacon Brie Avocado Sandwich
makes 1 sandwich
- 1 croissant
- whole-grain mustard
- 3 slices brie
- 1/2 an avocado, diced or sliced
- 2 slices of baked bacon, cut in half
- handful of pea shoots
- freshly cracked pepper
- cayenne pepper
1) Slice the croissant in half.
2) Spread as much mustard as desired on one half of the croissant.
3) Top with the slices of brie, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper
4) Add the avocado and bacon on top.
5) Press the pea shoots on top of the bacon, and then close the sandwich.