All the pumpkin things are out now!!!
I will continue to use excessive exclamation points because I'm that excited. It's been hard for me to get into the seasonal swing of things this year since I swear we just finished with winter in June. Really, winter? Did you have to stick around so long?
But ever since I had my first PSL (that's a Starbucks "Pumpkin Spice Latte" for the uninitiated) last week, I've been officially converted. Bring on the Fall weather. I'm ready now. Let's do this. I would tell you that I have pulled out my boots, leggings and scarves, but if you know me, you know that I wear all those things year-round. But HEY, now that cooler weather is here, I no longer look like a slightly crazy person walking around outside.
I also decided to spice up my breakfast this weekend. I had some pureed pumpkin in my refrigerator, as you do, and so I decided to conjure up a creative breakfast that would make this season proud. Enter brown sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice! Thank you for being here. Let's party!
Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt
makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, divided
- ground cinnamon for garnishing, optional
1) In a small bowl, stir the pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon spices into the pumpkin puree.
2) Drop 1/4 cup Greek yogurt into a bowl (or a small mason jar if you so choose).
3) Top the yogurt with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar.
4) Spoon the pumpkin mixture on top of the sugar.
5) Sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar on top of the pumpkin.
6) Dollop the remaining yogurt on top of the sugar.
7) Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if desired.