The holidays can be a crutch. You know how we all said that we would "take care of XYZ" in January? It's just too busy in December to worry about this now!
Well, crap. Wouldn't you know that it's January? Procrastination no longer works when the due date is upon you. Now I have a long list of things to finish up and no desire to get it all done. Let's cut to me munching on a family-sized bag of tortilla chips and several bacon cheeseburgers like it's my job. This will definitely help me get the work done, says my crazy-brain.
But let's be real. One cannot live on cured pork and deep-fried salty snacks all day long, even though it does sounds like a fun experiment. When I heard about Chobani's #MadeWithChobani campaign, I knew this was my opportunity to break this cycle. I wanted to whip up something that was quick, easy and nutritious because who wants to spend hours in the kitchen right now?
I eventually decided to make Greek Yogurt Chicken. If you don't like chicken, you can use salmon, or if you're a vegetarian, you could substitute vegetables. What really matters here is the tasty Greek Yogurt spread that you slather over everything. In truth, I could just eat that spread by itself (not that I've tried it or anything!). But once you spread it over your protein and bake everything in the oven, that's when the flavors come out and the real magic happens!
Greek Yogurt Chicken
makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (~1.75 lbs)
- 1 5-ounce container plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Extra freshly grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Combine all the spices (seasoning salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and cayenne pepper) in a bowl.
3) Stir in the Greek Yogurt and Parmesan cheese until everything is incorporated.
4) Spray a small baking dish (I used an 11" x 7" dish) with a thin layer of cooking spray.
5) Lay the chicken in the pan. Cover the chicken evenly with the yogurt mixture.
6) Sprinkle the extra cheese on top of the chicken breasts.
7) Bake in the oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
8) Serve warm.
* This is not a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.