I know what's missing from your summer drink rotation: Pineapple Vodka.
This is happening folks, and there are no excuses. If this isn't one of the simplest recipe I've posted on this blog, then I don't know what is. You're gonna need some pineapple, some vodka, and about a week. Yassss, a week. Never fear, you still have time to whip this up before the 4th of July. I got you covered.
I actually got the idea to make this vodka from my colleague at work. We somehow started talking about my blog and he found the Strawberry Vodka post (psst...that would be amazing to make for the 4th as well!). This prompted him to mention the pineapple vodka that he makes each year. And of course that made me realize how much I need to revisit the whole make-your-own-vodka business. Because everyone is a winner when we make our own fruit-infused vodka.
- pineapple slices (enough to fill the jars or containers)
- vodka (enough to cover the pineapple)
- mason jars/large container
1) Fill your chosen container with the pineapple slices. Cut them in half lengthwise if they are more than 1 - 1 1/2 inch thick.
2) Pour the vodka over the fruit until the fruit is completely covered with liquid.
3) Close the jar and store in a cool, dark place for 7 - 10 days. Agitate the jars daily.
4) Once the 7 - 10 days are done, use a fork or tongs to remove the pineapple slices from the jar. You may need to strain the vodka depending on the clarify of the final product. Enjoy your pineapple vodka!