I think Pandora's box has been opened and it can't be closed. I simply can't un-know how to make this ice cream at home! Now this is a problem because it means I have way to much ice cream in my apartment right now, and being that it's pretty hot outside, I'm craving exactly all of it. It's probably poor form to eat everything in one sitting. Right? ...
I'm not really a vanilla ice cream kind of gal, so when I decided to make this ice cream, I knew I would need some mix-ins. After some thought, I decided to go with a salty-sweet theme because how can you ever go wrong with that? I had kosher salt and chocolate chips on hand and I thought those went perfectly well with the creamy base. And oh, did I forgot to mention that this ice cream base is made with ONLY 2 ingredients? TWO! I die.
No-Churn Salted Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream, very cold
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
1) Using your stand or hand mixer, beat the heavy cream until it is stiff, about 1-2 minutes. You can use your whisk attachment or just regular beaters.
2) Use a spatula to fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
3) Gently stir in the chocolate chips and salt.
4) Pour the mixture into a lidded container. Freeze for 8 hours, or overnight for best results.