Oh snap! Bring on the Christmas carols!
Who am I kidding? The Christmas carols have been playing since August. Side note - Can we stop that? Just stop.
OK, we've also got a leftover turkey situation to take care of. You know you also have a leftover cranberry sauce situation as well. And cheese. You probably have cheese. If you don't...please know that you should always have cheese. Not even a question.
Let's relive our Thanksgiving dreams in the form of a grilled cheese. I chose to use a croissant for my grilled cheese, but you can choose to use two slices of your favorite bread slathered in butter if you wish. In truth, I prefer to use croissants for my grilled cheese because (1) I love love love croissants, but mostly because (2) croissants are buttery and I don't have to slather butter on them. Basically I'm lazy.
Gather your Thanksgiving leftovers and join me in my new annual Thanksgiving tradition. Tip - If you have leftover stuffing, I would definitely sneak that in here as well.
Turkey Cranberry Brie Grilled Cheese
makes 1 sandwich
- 1 croissant, sliced in half
- 2 slices roasted turkey
- 3-4 slices brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
1) Spread the cranberry sauce on one side of the croissant. Spread the mustard on the other side of the croissant.
2) Add the slices of turkey and brie cheese to the croissant.
3) Close the sandwich and place in a saucepan over medium low heat. I find that I like to cover the pan with a lid to facilitate this process.
4) Once the cheese starts to melt and the bottom of the croissant is crispy, flip it over to cook on the other side.
5) When the grilled cheese is done, serve immediately.