For me, February 15th is the best day of the year. I can haz all the Valentine's Day candy and chocolate at 50% off! Best. Day. Everrrrrr! I mean, Valentine's Day chocolate doesn't just expire because it's 2/15 instead of 2/14. And the red and heart packaging is so pretty I can't help myself. Chocolate in a red heart-shaped box? Done. I'm here for it.
While I wait to head to the local drugstore tomorrow morning, I'll just leave you with this spoonbread as a token of my affection. Unlike Valentine's Day candy, this spoonbread is not exactly the prettiest thing. However, the taste definitely makes up for a lack of beauty. I also need to state that this could be the easiest side dish I've ever made. I literally threw everything together in one bowl, put it in the oven for a half hour and voila...immediate side dish success! If you're a fan of corn/cornbread, then this is definitely for you. This is THK-approved!
Sweet Corn Spoonbread
slightly adapted from Damn Delicious
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 12 baking pan with cooking spray. (If you want a thicker spoonbread, you can use a smaller pan. You will need to adjust the baking time.)
2) In a large bowl, mix together the JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix, cream style corn, corn kernels, Greek yogurt, butter, eggs, sugar and salt. Stir well until incorporated.
3) Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Bake until golden brown and set in the middle, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.