I'm kind of in the middle of packing. You know, if being "in the middle of packing" means I've taped together a few boxes, filled one and only half-filled another four boxes. I think I'm doing this right, no?
For this month's Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned to Micha and the Cookin' Mimi blog. Unlike myself, Micha has been cooking her whole life. Like me, she is a super fan of Mexican food. She was originally inspired to start Cookin' Mimi by another food blogger who focuses on slow cooking. I love my slow cooker too, so I totally understand!
I started searching through Micha's recipes and saw so many that I wanted to make! Easy Fudgy Brownies and Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches topped the list. BUT, what if, hypothetically, you were moving and you placed your pots and pans at the bottom of the ONE BOX that you packed! Just a hypothetical question.
If something like this were to happen, I would consider making either the Spicy Shredded Beef or the Chipotle and Onion Shredded Beef. In the end, I chose the latter choice and I'm so glad I did! This beef is smoky and spicy and just right. I'm definitely going to be making this one again in the near future! Thanks Micha!
Chipotle and Onion Shredded Beef
from Cookin' Mimi
- 2 to 3 pound chuck roast
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 or 2 tablespoons diced chipotles in adobo, seeded if desired
- 1 cup beef broth, low sodium
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste (I used smoked salt, but you can use regular or kosher)
- Black pepper, to taste
1) Sprinkle the chuck roast with salt and pepper on both sides.
2) Add the meat to a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Spread the onions on top.
3) In a medium bowl, combine the chipotles in adobo, beef broth, and the garlic. Pour this mixture over the meat.
4) Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours until the meat is fork-tender and easily pulled apart. Using two forks, shred the meat. Serve warm.