The heat has arrived! The heat has arrived!
Guess what, as I suspected, I love/hate it. I love that it's so nice and warm. BUT. I didn't realize that my cute little 4th floor walk up with the skylight in the ceiling absolutely traps heat like none other. So that's splendid. I'm really trying to survive without A/C this summer. I can make it, right? Someone please say "yes".
So far, I've only broken down and gone to the neighborhood coffeeshop to bask in the air conditioning once. OK, maybe twice. I just really suck at making iced coffee and the two times I drank hot coffee in my apartment over the past week have left me dripping in sweat. Not cute. And how can I resist an iced Nutella latte. Iced. Nutella. Latte. It was fabulous.
This lemon hummus is almost as fabulous. I really can't compare hummus to chocolate. Chocolate will always win. However, if you're really trying to be on top of your health game, then this lemon hummus is the shizzz. Generously dip vegetables and/or pita and/or crackers into this fountain of citrus-y goodness (do you like that description?) and proceed to eat without caution.
slightly adapted from Jen Around The World
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5-6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika for garnish, optional
1) Add all ingredients into a food processor except the paprika, if using.
2) Pulse until the hummus has the desired consistency. If the hummus is too chunky, add a little water to smooth it out.
3) Taste the hummus and add more salt and pepper, as desired.
4) Serve with vegetables or crackers.