Remember that time I was obsessed with popsicles? Yeah, that's a thing that's happening once again. It's hot out so let's cool down with something refreshing that involves tea and lemonade: two things which are essential to summer.
This time, I'm going to shock you by not adding any alcohol to the mix, so these are kid-friendly. BUT, if you feel the supreme urge to layer in some spirits, who am I to stop you? In fact, I'd like you to send me one or three. Thankyouverymuch!
Arnold Palmer Popsicles
makes 6-8 popsicles, depending on your molds
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 black tea bag
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 2 cups lemonade
1) Make sure the hot water is in a pourable vessel. Steep the tea bag in hot water for 4-5 minutes. If desired, stir in the sugar.
2) Add 1/2 cup lemonade to the tea and stir. Let the tea/lemonade cool down for 5-10 minutes.
3) Pour the mixture into your molds, allowing it to fill the molds a little more than halfway.
4) Put the molds in the freezer for about an hour, until the tea layer has just about set. Check them periodically, as it may take more or less time than anticipated. Do not add any popsicle sticks yet.
5) Add the remainder of the lemonade to each popsicle mold until filled. If you have plastic popsicle sticks that can be held in place by the molds, you can add them at this point. Otherwise, place the popsicles back in the freezer for about 30 minutes before adding your popsicle sticks.
6) Freeze until solid, about 3 hours. Enjoy!