Oh yes, we're doing this today. We're going there. We're taking all of our favorite flavors and ingredients and we're putting them into one thing. Yes siree...that's how we roll.
1) she hates olives. This product is the highest on the list of things I really dislike. It's even higher than pickles and that's saying a lot.
2) she labels everything. I had to laugh when she mentioned that she labels the kitchen cabinets. I may or may not have labels on anything stored in a container in my pantry. I mean, how else are we gonna know what's in there?
3) Nicole is the grammar police. Yep, I'm guilty of this too. Though I wouldn't say that I feel guilt when correcting grammar. I think of it more as a service :)
So now that you know we're long lost sisters, I've got even more evidence for you in the form of this bacon feta guacamole. Yup. Keep breathing. Guacamole and I have a thing. It's a good thing and it's not going anywhere. But anytime we can expand upon such a thing, maybe we should do that. Adding bacon and feta allows you to take a few awesome things and combine them together, and clearly create another most awesome thing. Thanks for this recipe Nicole!
Bacon Feta Guacamole
slightly adapted from I am a Honeybee
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1/2 - 1 cup of grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 onion, diced
- juice of 2 limes
- red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
1) Bake the bacon, per these instructions. Alternately, you can cook the bacon on the stovetop and chop it into 1/2" wide pieces. Once the bacon is crisp, blot with a tissue to remove excess grease and allow to cool for a few minutes. Chop into small pieces, if not done already.
2) Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Score the fruit horizontally and vertically. Scoop out the fruit and add to a large bowl. Add in the tomatoes.
3) Toss in the chopped bacon, onions, feta, red pepper flakes and lime juice. Use a large spoon to gently combine. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.