Hey hey hey!
It's time for this month's Secret Recipe Club post! I was paired up with Terri of Our Good Life this month. Terri is a retired elementary school principal who started this blog as a creative outlet for her and her husband's cooking. I love how Terri has incorporated so much of her family into her blog!
A review of Terri's recipes led me to a number of tasty dishes that I wanted to make, including Pasta with Zucchini, Lemon, and Basil, Potatoes with Roasted Citrus Dressing (yum!), and The Ultimate Mac and Cheese (yes!). The week that I decided to make one of Terri's recipes, it was hottttt here in NY/NJ. It had started to get a bit cooler because FALL IS COMING!, but that particular week summer decided to make another appearance. In light of this, I opted to pull out my slow cooker once again so that I didn't melt in the kitchen. I pulled up Terri's amazing Crockpot Mojo Pork recipe and whipped it up. Terri, I am pleased to say that this will be a staple in my kitchen from now on!
Crockpot Mojo Pork
- 3-4lb boneless pork butt, trimmed of excess fat then cut into big hunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 onion, cut into big chunks
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
1) Trim any excess fat from the pork before slicing the pork into large chunks. Put the meat into the bottom of the crockpot.
2) In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir until incorporated. Pour the mixture over the meat in the crockpot.
3) Cook on the Low setting for 8 hours, or until the meat falls apart easily when pierced with a fork. Set aside the 2 bay leaves and shred the meat.
- very slightly adapted from Our Good Life