I've done some extensive research, and I've discovered the best way to make and enjoy this dish. You're welcome...
Step 1: Purchase pork. A few days later, realize that pork is no longer good (even though expiration date is days away).
Step 2: Walk to two different grocery stores trying to find and re-purchase pork.
Step 3: Trim the pork. Cut into chunks.
Step 4: Add to slow cooker. Toss in all the spices in your pantry.
Step 5: Head to the bar for 4 hours. Drink 3 glasses of wine. (Optional, but highly recommended)
Step 6: Return home. Shred meat. Stuff face with shredded meat while standing at the counter. (This last step is optional, but very likely to occur if you chose to indulge in Step 5.)
And there you have it! You just made this pulled pork a real thing. Go on with your bad self.
Chili Rubbed Pulled Pork
- 2.5-3 lb. boneless pork butt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
1) Slice the pork butt into 2-3 inch cubes. Place the meat in a large bowl. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
3) Add the spices to the pork and mix until the spines cover the meat.
4) Put the meat in the slow cooker. Cover, and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
5) Once the time has elapsed, use two forks to shred the meat as much as desired. Serve immediately, or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The meat can also be frozen if desired.
--recipe from Budget Bytes