It's a beautiful day outside! Yet here I am sitting at my computer, sipping on a mango lassi. Casual.
I finally broke down and purchased one of those personal-sized blenders. I've been hemming and hawing for a while (i.e. over a year) since I have limited counter space and I hate to see a lot of food gadgets sitting around. I was finally pushed over the edge by seeing frozen mango being stocked at Trader Joe's. For some reason, this was my breaking point. I went home and immediately researched blenders on Amazon and picked one up.
Once the blender was in my grubby little hands, I set out to make a mango lassi because...why not? Why else did I purchase all the frozen mango from TJ's? This drink is cool and refreshing and exactly what I need throughout this summer. I went a bit rogue and added a few mint leaves into the blender as well, and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.
If you're not a fan of the ratios in my recipe below, fear not! You can tweak this recipe so so so easily to make it your own. Don't like Greek yogurt? Nix it. Do you want more mango in your drink? Add it. You're the boss of you!
makes 1 smoothie - recipe can be multiplied to make several
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk (can be soy, whole, skim, almond...etc...)
- handful of mint leaves, optional
1) Add mango, yogurt, and milk to the blender. Blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
2) If using the mint leaves, add them at this point. Blend the lassi for several seconds to distribute the mint leaves into the drink.
3) Pour the lassi into a glass and serve immediately.