Yup, I have yet another pizza for you guys. I can't stop. I'm going through a heavy carb-loading moment, soooo you're on the receiving end of this part of my life. I've also just come back from a fabulous trip to New Orleans and I haven't quite figured out how to detox from all the rich food. I'm thinking about it, but even on my trip back to NJ, the airplane RAN OUT OF SALADS before I could order one. How rude. Guess what the only other food option was...buffalo mac and cheese. Really? Really?
Make no mistake, this is not a salad that I'm presenting to you today. It does have vegetables though, so it's a step in the right direction.
Plus, we have to take advantage of fresh corn when we can. Summer is here! To give this pizza a bit of a kick, I added a few blistered hot peppers, but you could always substitute green peppers if the heat is not really your thing.
Corn & Pepper Pizza
makes 8"-10" pizza
- 1 package prepared pizza dough, brought to room temperature
- 3 long green peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 shallot, diced
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels, fresh or frozen
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a small saucepan over medium or high heat, add the peppers and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
3) Use a pair of tongs to turn the peppers so they blister evenly on all sides. Sprinkle with kosher salt, then remove from the pan and dice finely.
4) Stretch the pizza dough over the prepared baking sheet until it forms an 8"-10" circle.
5) Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over the dough and add the garlic. Spread both evenly over the dough.
6) Sprinkle the mozzarella and goat cheeses on top, followed by the shallots, peppers, and the corn.
7) Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your pizza.
8) Once out of the oven, allow the pizza to cool slightly before slicing and serving.